The villa is a two-storey rendered building with a Berlin roof and an almost U-shaped floor plan. The historical facade in a predominantly neo-baroque design is enlivened by its diverse stucco elements (heads, leaf decoration, strapwork, cartouches, garlands), window formats and its shapes. The Berlin roof is illuminated by bat dormers. The facade facing the Alte Post Str. has seven axes with almost exclusively rectangular windows. A plastered, high wall with a wavy masonry crown was covered with zinc sheet forms the street-side enclosure. Access to the area is gained through an ornate wrought-iron door in a round-arched passageway with curved outlines, flanked by two lying ox-eyes with ornamental grilles. Another wrought-iron door and a double gate are located at the northern end of the enclosure, between gabled rectangular pillars. The south side of the villa is unadorned. The northern part of the object is characterized by three axes. The central part of the façade is designed with a bay window with colored glasswork, a large dormer house with a triangular gable and the main portal with a richly stuccoed triangular gable. On the left side a semi-circular arbor with a balcony and on the right side a polygonal corner tower can be seen. On the courtyard side there is a risalit, flanked by animal heads and decorated with a frieze of bucrania and a small balcony with a brick parapet on the upper floor, a dormer house with a lying ox eye and a woman's head above it. In the north-west part of the building there is another balcony with an exit. In the western extension a single-storey building with high, rectangular, multi-field windows was located – it served as a conservatory with a terrace to the east, an open staircase, and a flat roof with a balcony function. To the west of the conservatory is a three-part, wicker-arched window flanked by reclining oxeyes, some of which are colored. South of the conservatory is the side entrance, formerly for the servants, with a staircase.
Inside the building, the room layout was largely preserved and there are numerous details from the era such as parquet floors, stairs, fireplaces, wall fountains and doors with some sophisticated roofing as well as wall panels, coffered and stucco ceilings.
The villa was built for the Lehmann family at the beginning of the 20th century. The cloth factory of Carl Lehmann's Wwe & Sohn was built directly on the Neisse, on the other side of the street from the villa. The Lehmann family was the largest employer family in Guben from 1850 to 1945 which has its reflection in the real estate assets of the family. In GDR times, the property was used as a company kindergarten for VEB Gubener Wolle. After German reunification, the General Local Health Insurance Fund had its headquarters here. Today the property is empty.
Alte Post Str. 63, 03172 Guben, Germany
Construction and extension: 1901-1915
Technology: massive, plastered
The villa is located directly across from the Neisse promenade and the pedestrian and bicycle bridge to Gubin. As it is a private property, it can only be visited from the outside.