On the south-eastern corner of the area, which was called Easter Hill (German: Osterberg) before World War II, there is a new, slender, 2.5-meter-high cross made of wood and steel. It is a symbol of the 17th-century Evangelical church, which was destroyed after World War II, which once stood in this place. The building itself was to be built with donations from Gubnia, expressing gratitude for the victory over the Turks at Vienna in 1683.
In 1690, in the area of the newly created Evangelical cemetery, a one-hall, half-timbered church was built, which, according to some sources, was regarded as a monument to the gratitude of the Gubin people for the victory over the Turks at Vienna in 1683.
During the Second World War, the church was so damaged that the decision to rebuild it was abandoned, and the building was demolished in the 1950s. In its place, a commemorative cross was erected at the intersection of Królewska and Rycerska Streets.
The intersection of Królewska and Rycerska Streets, 66-620 Gubin, Poland
Cross: 2nd half of the 20th century
No longer existing church: 1690
Length: 27 m
Width: 18 m